Now we can get campaigns to the customer more efficiently and effectively.
Senior Manager of Customer Analytics
Dialing Up Growth in a Mature Market
- The company’s competitors began to rally, the government increased regulation of the market and average revenue per user lagged.
- Vodafone New Zealand’s customer base reached a plateau at 2.2 million consumers.
- Executives recognized that tougher market conditions warranted faster decision making based on real-time knowledge of current conditions.
- Vodafone New Zealand needed to make a wholesale shift to analytical marketing, using business intelligence that could rapidly provide fact-based decision support.
- Achieving profitable growth from the existing customer base required a level of sophistication in data management, analytics and customer relationship management that was beyond their capabilities.
- The goal was to help the company deliver the right message to the appropriate customers when they wanted it, using the preferred channel.
- Combined Teradata and powerful analytics to optimize customer communications and improve retention.
- Deployed a collection of tools from vendors including KXEN.
- Created a single business view essential to the success of the analytics programs.
- Introduced propensity models and value models to support the targeting of propositions to the market.
- InfiniteInsight® gives Vodafone New New Zealand a very rapid ability to develop sophisticated models and segmentations and then model the data within Teradata.
- The automated capabilities and full integration with Teradata accelerates performance for the analytics team and means that company analysts can spend more time pursuing valuable insights.
- InfiniteInsight® allows Vodafone to create many predictive models, which is necessary in a developing data environment where insights are still being refined.
- Vodafone can automatically identify customer behavior and quickly send out the appropriate marketing communication to maximize any opportunity.
- InfiniteInsight® provides rapid model development capabilities for each customer segment.
- Reduced customer churn and increases the up-take rates of marketing campaigns.
- The Vodafone New Zealand team can test hypotheses, quickly ascertain key variables and deploy insights through marketing campaigns.