It's no longer just about targeting. It's about making more strategic decisions.
Head of Customer Management
World's Largest Mail Order Group Accelerates Marketing Analytics with InfiniteInsight®
- The Internet brought massive change to the home shopping industry and with it increased competition for the once dominant catalogue companies.
- The existing tools and process that were in place were not able to keep pace with the developments being made in the company’s approach to planning.
- Initially the analytics team used SAS software to build their analytical models but found it relatively time consuming and labor intensive.
- Otto UK, with around 1.5 million active customers and part of Otto Group, the world's largest mail order company, deployed InfiniteInsight® to optimize its marketing and help turn the odds back in its favor.
- Integrated with the company’s Teradata data warehouse.
- Supporting all UK modeling activities with just one modeler.
- Gained a more accurate prediction of returns from each campaign at a customer level, allowing targeting to be optimized and the volume of mailings to be increased or decreased accordingly.
- What used to take three days now takes less than an hour.
- The company can build more models, do more exploratory analysis and can develop models in a more iterative way.
- The use of InfiniteInsight® has allowed Otto UK to apply a consistent best practice approach to its modeling activities.