We realized a positive return on investment in the first year.
Director of Marketing
Neopost Stamps Out Attrition with InfiniteInsight®
- Neopost, the second-largest supplier of mailing and shipping equipment in the world, needed to optimize the customer lifecycle, reduce churn, and increase cross-sell and up-sell.
- The venerable 80-year firm, headquartered in France was contending with a mature market for its machines for mailing, folding, and inserting as well as the disruption caused by the rise of Internet technologies. Increasingly, email was replacing business mail.
- To meet the challenge, Neopost needed an easy-to-use, highly sophisticated predictive analytics solution that could be deployed without IT support and would not require a database expert.
- The ability for a predictive analytics solution to deliver results based on relatively small data sets (about 100,000 customers) was also critical.
- An existing approach, which used Excel to analyze data extracted from SAP and Siebel systems, limited the insights that could be derived from the data and did not scale.
- Selected InfiniteInsight® as the best-in-class predictive analytics solution.
- Rapidly deployed InfiniteInsight® in an SAP and Siebel environment.
- Assembled a “semantic” analytical layer to build the essential analytical data sets used in predictive modeling that was reusable and easily modified.
- Models are created in minutes, allowing Neopost to build predictive models to support virtually any customer interaction across any customer channel, including the call center, direct mail and e-mail, without hiring additional staff.
- Reduced attrition by up to 30 percent on particular segments.
- Achieved effective predictive scores to optimize customer interactions across a variety of sales channels, including the call center, direct mail and e-mail, within days of the initial deployment.
- Realized ROI in less than one year.
- Slashed predictive modeling time by 80% with InfiniteInsight® Explorer, predictive analytics’ first-ever semantic layer.
- Precision modeling accurately identifies customers most at risk of moving to a competitor, as well as customers with the highest value -- a process that would have taken weeks with other solutions but only took a few days with InfiniteInsight®.
- Able to create successful loyalty campaigns based on key customer characteristics.
- Accurate, actionable results for a relatively small data set (about 100,000 customers), along with the ability to scale.